Conical columns with taper ratio 14 mm/m
WHY A NEW PROFILE ?
- This is something new for the italian market, but already established in the international market
- Higher structural performances
- It is lighter, it needs less material, it helps to save resources, it respects the environment
- Slender profile with pronounced taper ratio to be employed for decorative purposes and design
- Reduced deflection on top, to the advantage of the lighting fixture
- Bigger dimensions at base for electric components housing inside the column.
- The quality/price ratio is better compared with the traditional columns
Conical columns with circular section, taper ratio 14 mm/m, manufactured under certified quality check according to ISO9001 by authorised processing centre according to DM 14/01/08, obtained by cold forming of trapezium of pressed steel plate and subsequent external longitudinal welding carried out by approved automatic process (submerged arc) and welding check according to EN ISO 3834.
Restrictions on dimensions:
max length on one section 12.8 m
max diameter 256 mm
minimum diameter 60 mm
thickness 3, 4 mm
Protection against corrosion by means of hot dip galvanisation obtained with the following cycle: degreasing; pickling, washing, fluxing, pre heating; hot dip galvanization in melted zinc bath at 440÷450°, with minimum percentage of zinc into the bath ³ 98.5%. Coating obtained according to UNI EN ISO 1461 with minimum thickness 55 microns et average 70 microns.
External painting, if any, with colour from our colour card, rough effect, obtained with thermosetting powders cycle including: cleaning from zinc coating burs; smoothing of the surfaces by means of a light mechanic device; cleaning of the surfaces in order to eliminate grease or dirty and create a good adherence base; application by means of electrostatic spray of polyester powder suitable for galvanized surfaces for outside installation, in order to reach 60/80 micron thickness; polymerization into oven at constant temperature of approx. 200° for 40-50 minutes, package for each column, by banding with tissue 100% polyester, (no pluriball), in order to avoid damages during the handling phase. The characteristics of the obtained coat will be: average thickness 60 micron, resistance to checkering test ISO2409, resistance to crash test to UNI8901
The columns will be CE marked according to the standard in force (DPR246/93, 89/106/CEE; 93/68/CEE). The label on each column must quote: standard reference EN40-5, manufacturer’s identification, certificate number of the authorization to the mark CE CPD P029, year of marking, product code, and order number reference.
To design lighting column You need to know the following data:
– design wind speed
– features of the surrounding landscape that is ground roughness category
– height up to the lighting source
– number, type, dimensions and weight of the fixture to be installed
– fixture arrangement (post top; or brackets)
In order to choose the suitable model You need to know: height up to the lighting source; arrangement (post top or with bracket, …), number and type of lighting fixture to be installed; installation site.